This article explains how to add and configure the Rawii Discord bot for livestream notifications in your Discord Server.
Adding the bot to you server:
Inviting the bot to your server by clicking on this link: https://bit.ly/rawibot
Adding the bot to your server
Adding a streamer to notification bot:
Important: Make sure you have the administrator role on the discord server where you are setting up the bot!
Now that the bot has been added to your server you need to configure with which Rawa streamers to follow and assign a discord channel to post the notifications:
On any text channel of your server type the following:
r!setup rawa_username #discord_text_channel
rawa_username: This is the username of the streamer you want to enable notification for.
for example: mo_youssef, eudrino, jammalez, etc.
On desktop you can find the username of the streamer on the URL of the webpage
#discord_text_channel: This is the channel you want the bot to post the notification to.
You can find the name of your discord channel on the left side.
For example to add a live notifcation for user mo_youssef under the general channel we would type:
r!setup mo_youssef #general
At this point you can ask the bot to send a preview of the notification in order to make sure that everything is setup correctly.
Adding channels and previewing the bot on your server.
To add another channel to the notification bot just repeat the steps describes above.
Removing a streamer from the notification bot:
If you want to remove a channel you first have to type r!list on the discord server you are managing.
Afterwards, you can navigate to the channel you wish to remove using the up and down arrow button.
Once you selected the channel to remove just hit the Remove button.
Managing and removing channels.
Rawii bot commands:
You can type r!help in your discord server to display the full list of commands available with the bot:
- r!help: lists all the commands
- r!setup rawa_username #discord_channel: add a channel
- r!list: lists or edit all the current setup channels - and to edit which role the bot mentions
- r!ping: pings the bot and mesure latency
- r!invite: sends invite link to share
- r!guide: sends a link to the full tutorial on how to use the bot
- If you use an inappropriate stream title or username, you will be banned from both the bot and Rawa.tv.
- Unfortunately, you cannot setup more than 10 streamer notifications in one server. However, if you have an official team affiliated with the server and need more then 10 notifications, you can contact the support team to unlock this limitation.
If you still need help after following this guide you can always reach out to us at email@example.com or on our Discord server.